i got wood


There is definitely something special about working with wood, i am an engineer by trade and that has really seen me use metals rather than wood but since taking on a rather different career path i get to play with all kinds of materials but mostly wood. Out of all the different kinds it has to be the kings of woods that i love to handle, Oak gives such a wonderful aroma when working with it, it makes you not want to stop. Its grain, strength and finish is renowned and has a wide range of uses. For me though it has to be the smell i cant help but sniff the wood during cutting it reminds me of my favourite wine and even when its finished and in place it continues to remind you of its presence as it changes and grows in character.

3 comments:

Thud said...

Have you been at the glue again?

Vinogirl said...

You should move to Napa and get a job in a cooperage :)

monkey said...

get me an application and im there.