Rotavating Stuff


well to say that I spent yesterday morning wasting three hours in a place full of idiots with way to much self importance, bad suits and fake Rolex’s would be an understatement but then that is the world of Liverpool Volkswagen. So to try and cleanse ones soul and put that rather dull experience behind me, thud and I took to a day of hard graft, strenuous manly work, outdoor clean country air and rotavating. Yes it was time to make the fairly modest size veggie patch into a farmers idea of a veggie patch. Thud hired a rotavator identical to the one above which although extremely slow and extremely heavy worked like an oxen. The ground was sodden from the rain the night before which meant the first pass over the grass was tough, breaking through the turf was rather relentless and as we struggled it was paid off later when the second pass became a little easier. It was like a scene from a painting as we struggle with the looming weather on our backs we persevered and the weather stayed fair and the patch was done. If it wasn’t for the sterling work of our trusty oxen then our 4 hours of graft would surely cost us a couple of days of back breaking labour. That evening we sat and ate a workers meal of scouse pie which hit the spot. Now for the planting if the seeds ever show up.

4 comments:

Vinogirl said...

I hope you had two servings of 'pie crust' it sounds like you deserved it!

Thud said...

I'm still buggered.

monkey said...

I hurt in places that I didn't know exhisted, but when I go back work tomorrow and they ask me what I did at the weekend I can honestly say MAN STUFF!

Fitness shoes said...

The first and often last impression of you is determined by the clothes you wear.So does women's handbags in wholesale coach outlet.Tiffany Earrings
Chanel Necklaces
Moncler Women Vest. BBC Jeans ,
Moncler Man Vest,
If we can pay more little but can receive the same or better quality of products,that is a beautiful thing.