Lasers at the ready


Being a bit of a technology freak loving my toys and anything that is a little bit space age i jump at the chance to make things, although its seems I'm going backwards in the context of photography as yet again i bought another camera off ebay the other week. However I'm a practical person and love to make things whether its using technology or my own two hands. My recent little creative spell has been for my brother in law Thud, using a design he found in one of his many books on old building i designed two Gothic arches for two of his rooms. The process is quite simple and watching the laser cut them out is hypnotising. Just a few little finishing touches tomorrow will have these looking top notch. I wonder if Mrs Monkey will let me have one of these, along side the 3D printer, darkroom and workshop hmmmmm think I'm gonna need a bigger boat...or a shed.

5 comments:

Vinogirl said...

That's brilliant!

Brian said...

"Ah, Mr Bond, before the laser beam cuts you into little pieces I will explain my evil plan to take over the earth."
"He's escaped again, hasn't he?"

Great post and amazing work.

monkey said...

Thanks alot peeps. There are some inperfections though which im debating about doing again.

Thud said...

Great stuff

monkey said...

Done and dusted, seal them both tomorrow and you can have them ready for the lads to install.