Rough Week

I have been finding it hard to post of late. The past week has been a rough one at the office and today confirmed all my fears that last semester was not a good one. Its been at the back of my mind for a good month or so that things were not quite going the way they should be and i wasn't getting the results that i needed and when the final figures as such came in it was clear that things were going tits up.
So iv had a meeting today with the boss man, Captain Approachable, to discuss ways forward to change the the current path and the only cure is more time and effort and submitting to asking for help. This is not something that i do very well. I do feel that i could have put alot more effort in i and in true monkey style leaving things to the last minute or occasionally winging it has resulted in a back log.
New in the job has been a bit of a shock for me although iv nearly been at my current place of work for just over a year so i think even that excuse goes out the window. Time is i have to get real and start really putting in every effort if this is what i want to do. Iv already set my new goals and although these are along way away if i cant succeed at this level then those goals are hopeless.
So today was more of a wake up call and an understanding that although work is fine it could be alot better and it seems as though the people i work with believe in me to bring the results but are also there to bring me back down to earth. The first thing i think i need to do is learn one basic skill, ask for help.

0 comments: