Brits Abroad


I'm on holiday as you may know in California, its so relaxing and peaceful and the people here love to talk when they hear your British. Just this morning while sat out having a coffee and a breakfast muffin the waitress asked where i was from and we got chatting. So Very polite everyone I have met so far. I just wish i didn't have to read about my own shameful nation and how they act on holidays.

I read this today, over 2000 Britons this year have been arrested in Spain while on holiday, that 500 more than here in the US!! the British use to be known for their manners and behaviour and now we seem to be more known for the binge drinking slobbish foul mouth antics of a very displaced generation. When did it became cool to be the known as this? I decided along time ago that I would not participate in lads holidays, not because I'm a bore but mostly because every where looks the same when your pissed and for all its worth the people who go on these type of holidays can be found on our home soil in Blackpool, Classy. You may call me a Snob, I don't care. I think its more to do with self respect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you are a Brit abroad I expect your lack of posts is due to:

a) You are having a wonderful time in the US and cannot spare any for blogging or

b) You got totally drunk, assaulted a police office and are now banged up in a San Diego jail.

Which is it? I have already decided.

PS If you see my brother remind him he owes me 50 quid.

monkey said...

I have just returned from Vegas, and after a 9 hour drive i am about to catch up on some posts.

Jail??? Me Drink??? only in moderation.