Holidays


Iv just finished packing and sat down to write this post as tomorrow I'm on my hols, hurray!! Yep Monkey and Tenbellies are going State side for a few weeks, we have been looking forward to this for some time and we will be staying with Thud and family OTW.

Thud has been telling me for the past year or so how good life is in the US compared to some of the experiences here in cloudy, rainy England. So our first stop will be Philadelphia where we change for San Francisco. We will be visiting SF and the wine district to meet Vinogirl among other places, then Tenbellies and I will take a drive down to Las Vegas for a few days visiting the dam and Grand Canyon. Maybe see an Elvis wedding or two, then back to meet up with Thud and family OTW again.

I shall keep posting while I'm away just to ramble on about what we are doing and where we are, you know the usual. So Thud get them steaks ready and ill see you in 24 hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I love to travel, life is supposed to be fun, and an adventure, that's why we beat our way to the top of the food chain. So we could enjoy life instead of endure it.

I could get on a rant on that one. I look around at the way people live and wonder where they lost it at. My whole life has been an adventure and I'm not rich, I'm just an average guy. I've gone all over the world, had at least a dozen occupations, 3 wives and countless girl friends, owned businesses, built houses in remote places, made friends everywhere I went that I still talk with.

To each his own. For me, being alive means to be happy. If you're not happy, you're doing it all wrong. Start over.

Have a fun trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't have kids! That is the key.

I did all sorts of things when younger, hitched round most of Europe, slept on the streets, lived in Oz for a while, been to Indonesian Jungle , Singapore, Malaya, had a fair number of girlfriends. That all halts with kids.

Still, now retired starting to make up for it. Going to Rome in a couple of weeks. Wife wants to go to US this year, my Bro is near San Diego. I would rather go to the Amazon personally but she does not like bugs and snakes. Wierd woman.

PS Sheep. 3 wives! You must be skint. One is bad enough.

monkey said...

The pair of you seem to have a few more years on me, but to travel is freedom and i love to see and experience different places and America right now seems to most attractive to me.

I have to agree though Black Sheep, 3 wifes??!!

Xoggoth- Italy is an amazing place we went for new year a couple of years ago and mat go again later in the year.

Anonymous said...

From the back of your head on the wine blog you just might be a tad younger than I. As for that black sheep, he was too old to be conscripted for the Korean war you know.