A Touch Of Paint


A few weeks back I started to fix up my BSA but in the process I was given an old battered Carlton racing frame that I planned to convert into a fixed wheel. Well the BSA took the back seat and I got totally sucked in to this little fixie project. Scouring ebay for parts and stripping the frame right down so that I could re spray. Well I finished the spraying this week and it now stands for a couple of weeks for the paint to completely harden. It’s important to me that I try and keep as much of the original parts as possible so I left the original brass tag on the head and also had the idea to keep the existing decals that were worn and scratched. I have not done this before so everything is an experiment and so far I am happy with paint finish but im unsure about the colour as this is not the colour on the tin and the remaining decals have not given the desired effect I was looking for. The forks look great and these I found on ebay exactly the same as the originals which I had to cut off because some bright spark had used a fixing (ironic) agent on the stem.

5 comments:

Black Sheep said...

Nice. Projects like that are like good books, hard to put down until finished. Always good to see pride in workmanship, in others.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd shut it down, then totally changed direction and started posting again, and what do ya know, people still look at it from time to time. I quit trying to put out "the message" and now just use it to shamelessly rant about things that piss me off. Much more theraputic and I suspect more entertaining as well.

Vinogirl said...

I suppose you have time for "good stuff" like this cos you don't wine blog anymore!!! I'm thirsty, can't you give me some tips?

Thud said...

Vinogirl...you need to threaten his Napa supply!

Vinogirl said...

Thud you're right.
Monkey, I'm cutting you off!!!

monkey said...

thats cold that, and to think i brought back some greek wine to taste.