This aint bike riding weather


Returning back to Blighty after some well earned rest in the Greek island of Crete we were welcomed by wind and rain, ah home sweet home the boys at the met office are doing a cracking job they show as much competence as our PM. but hey that’s a whole other rant. The garden looks great a few more tomatoes have come, chillies slowly and even the corn is starting to make an appearance I just hope they will ripe just a little.


Before I left for Crete I brought the bike home for assembly, the next step is fixing the bottom bracket and chain set. When I was given the frame it had a random chain wheel so I replaced this with an original one that came of the same model Carlton. The chrome was in really good nick better than what was on it already, but I was unsure about the pedals, the ones that came with the bike were in a bit of a mess so I sand blasted these and then polished them up so that I could use them, I cant quite make out the make of the pedal but they are track type pedals that were common on race bikes.

3 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Glad you had a good holiday...seem to recognise that t-shirt from Stinson Beach...not sure though, can't see the red legs!

Thud said...

clever bugger.

monkey said...

haha, well i can asure you its the same one only with the addition of sun cream factor 30.
I believe it was a target special, money well spent.