helping hand


Nature can be so cruel sometimes but then that’s the way god intended it some would say, and I kind of believe that. For the past month or so I and many others have been watching the life around us unfold and begin. Watching goldfinches feed, wag tails nest in peculiar places and blue tits lays eggs. We have waited in anticipation for a family of ducks to appear only to see they disappear within the blink of an eye. It’s hard but its nature and even though upsetting at times it’s a beautiful thing.
today I experienced a prime example, a nest of blue tits seem to have fledged too early and dropped out of the tree, running around the pavement in disbelief and anxious to get back up to the nest I almost squashed them. As some tried to climb and I must say they looked like they would make it, it would only be a matter of time before the local cat would find them. with mum and dad flying around up top in a fluster I gave the little fellas a chance and lifted them as high as I possible could but not before taking a couple of snaps. Hopefully they made it; it would be nice to think so.

2 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Good for you, a little bit of intervention is good now and again...I am worried about my 5 little bluebird chicks and them meeting up with the Vinodogs.

Thud said...

God bless em.