Close up shop


I have walked past it many times often stopping to look in the dirty window at the items gathering dust and the labels fading with time. It seemed like the chandlers on lark lane had been locked in time, the owner just closed up shop and never came back. Yesterday while passing I noticed the door open and the shop being emptied, I was told the gentleman owner had passed away after being ill for some time. After talking for some time with the daughter I asked if I could take some photos before it was all gone. It will be a shame to see the shop disappear and become something else but I suppose time moves on even in those places where it seems to stand still.


3 comments:

Thud said...

Fantasticpics, I shopped there back in 79 and loved it.

monkey said...

i wanted to ask what she was doing with some of the suff left over but felt tenbellies would do her nut if i brought it home.

Vinogirl said...

Brilliant. Love the clock one, time has stopped for this poor chandlers.