why lie?

why is it that my closest friends that i have lived with for the last three years just lie and over something so silly.
i suppose we all lie now and then but when dose it cross the line at what point, i mean its obvious that if you lie about something like stealing money or sleeping with someone then this is obviously wrong, however when you lie about drinking someones juice is this the same or is it acceptable.
ive lied in the past and i suppose i will in the future at some point. we all lie at some point during the day, lets take it when someone you hardly know asks you 'how you are'? and you reply fine thanks, when really your pissed off because you boss wont give time off. thats a lie and yet we do that so easily.
what i cant understand is why lie about something like juice and not feel bad that you have lied to a friend, this baffels me.
my partner made it very clear to me when we first got together that if i was ever to lie to her then it would be over, she said this would be the foundations of our trust. so i said 'ok babe i wont lie but you need to understand that if you ask me something that you dont want to hear then you have to deal with it'.
i started to be very honest with my partner and told her everything, this was something that i have never done before in any other relationship. this has to me made me feel closer to her and its made the relationship solid. what im saying here is not that you should go away and tell your partner everything because you my find that they cant handle the truth, but just be very selective in what you say. and dont lie!

0 comments: