sleepless

i hate midweek, i always find myself with a mind full of things that i need to do and things that i haven't done. both always come to haunt you when you need to get some sleep. I'm a late sleeper anyway and i always find myself with a film or a series of programs that i will watch until I'm sleepy and then i drop off, but this has had to stop since i started working as late nights don't mix well with a full flock.
still i find myself not sleeping until 1:00am and although im fine during the day i feel a little tired when i get home but come bed time and I'm sat here reading or watching a film. i cant just lie here close my eyes and fall asleep, because when i do my brain goes into overdrive and i start to plan things or remember things.
some people may say that this is because you have things bothering you and i would agree but I'm not the type of person who doesn't sleep because of that its more the fact that if I'm not tired i wont sleep.
ha ha ha this is starting to sound like some tired person just typing away in the hope that he may get tired and go to sleep well it is but I'm starting to think about sleeping now and this could prevent me from sleeping. my partner, now she can sleep in fact she sleeps even when she is not tired and although she has slept most of the day, well lets see since about 8:00 straight through now plus a little nap in the afternoon. i just know that tomorrow she will come home and have another sleep with no problems or any effect on sleeping later on.
one of the things i hate most of all is that when i finally do go to sleep i will have the most fantastic sleep until my alarm goes earlier than i expected and i have to play the snooze game with the clock. this making it even harder to get up and leaving me wishing for the weekend to hurry so i can have a lie in. However you know that when the weekend comes you never have the lie in that you always wanted or the one that you have dreamed about all week. it just will not be the same and you end up getting up abandoning it.
the best kind of sleep is the afternoon nap, this is great you sit their on the couch watching tv or listening to some tunes when you feel your eyes getting heavy and start to drop. you know its happening and you try with all you might not to wake you body up and stop it from happening its like your watching yourself fall asleep from the outside but it feels like your sinking into cloud, and then BEEP BEEP BEEP that bastard mobile phone alarm that you forgot to turn off suddenly for no reason goes off and your awake.

0 comments: