The US Gives Me Wine and The Wire

i get a week off oh yes, and its funny because although i enjoy my new career im on count down for the summer where im planning a few weeks in the US. this could then lead to a new life in the future who knows. but i do know this, i feel more than ever that this country is not the place i want to bring a family into. i always thought that i would return back to the sticks at some point in my life to live and although that the thought is still in my mind a new thought of moving further afield is ever more present. as a 26 year old the politics of this country would not normally effect my age group but things are happening in this country that are changing the way that i feel . this feeling is not something i like to feel and anger at seeing a country with so much history folding to this simple invasion.
however i will enjoy my so called free time this week i have downloaded 5 episodes of the very new series of the wire so ill be happy for a couple of days before i need to get back to work. i also look forward to enjoying some fine wine brought right from the Nappa Valley. nice one Thud.
and joining me in my free time is my partner who is somewhat feeling a bad cold and run down a typical problem that comes with our line of work. ill keep making the lemon sips as i pour the wine.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It's terrible when a 26 yr old gets dragged into it all but I have been dragged in since I was 28 the year Labour took over. My heart sank I knew what was going to happen. My parents had pre warned me of Labour and I knew they would let thousands of immigrants into this Country and I knew from that day the England that we knew of would be dead. I was never a nationalist but in 97 this Country already had enough immigrants, we would have adapted to them but Labour didn't even care for our feelings and beliefs. My brother is a leftist and I know by the contempt he holds for English people that Labour are the same. I don't even talk to him no more, it's like they are so bitter and twisted that when you ask a civilised question he would bite your head off. Like I asked him what he thought of Labour now and I got an ear full about me being scared of brown people and I used to hang around with skin heads when I was 15 etc, he is a teacher and these are type of people who are brain washing our children.