Is this the sun?


Had a great weekend, visiting the folks back in the sticks. Friday saw Tenbellies Graduate as you may have already read and then a race down to the stick to see the family for the weekend.

So simple and quite is life in the stick at the moment, the crunch does not seem to have bothered many except for my mate who is a estate agent, very slow right now. Tenbellies and I always enjoy the visit back to the stick as she gets to hang with my family who are all completely barking and love a good time, and i get to go the pub. I have always said that when i moved to the big city all i was missing was a local pub. Its been 5 years here now and still iv not found anywhere but i guess it makes going back to the sticks that much better, there is nothing like a proper English pub.

Saturday night we spent at my sisters as we sat out on the decking and had a BBQ, i took to cooking as this is a mans job and although my brother in law is a chef, he was as usual running late. We sat out till very late, watched the sun set over the green hills a sight i haven't seen for a while. This was probably all the summer we would see this year but for that one day we had done all that could be done in a n English summer. BBQ, Walking in the country, sitting outside a country pub with a pint, shopping (that's ones for Tenbellies, I'm more for the pub) and spending time with the family and friends. Excellent.

Well all that's left is for our trip to the US to meet up with more family and friends, 9 days to go Thud, so get the steaks and beers in.

2 comments:

Thud said...

Twill be done and done!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fine old time. I live in the sticks, have for many years. Many, many years..... and I never stop loving it.