Like sweet Apple Pie


As yesterday was not bad concerning weather i took the lawn mover out for a spin, this was one of my many jobs done on the Sabbath. While in the garden i admired the harvest of pears this year as previous had been nil, there were also a few apples left but the harvest had been poor due to the CRAP weather. Anyway i collected up what was left and made me a pie. This was the first pie i had ever made and to be fair after just eating a hot slice just now i felt quite proud of my little effort. Tenbellies loved it although there is a need for more sugar to the apple/pear mix and less salt in the crust. There is something very satisfying about watching your fruit grow and then making a delight out of your efforts. The next attempt will be at the weekend where i may let Thud and family OTW sample a bit, after all there his trees.

9 comments:

Thud said...

monkey the kitchen god!

monkey said...

I have many hidden talents

Vinogirl said...

Nah leave it alone...I love my pies tart :)

monkey said...

who you calling a tart???

Black Sheep said...

We're a dying breed. I grow apples and rhubarb and all sorts of stuff and also make my own pies and other kitchen creations out of what I grow. I try to live out of my garden as much as possible, getting radishes and lettuce in late spring and more stuff and the summer progresses.

I made my first rhubarb pie this summer and it was amazingly good.

Anonymous said...

We planted a couple of vines, the black grapes were crap but the white ones were chewy this year. Watch out for chateau xoggoth next year.

Vinogirl said...

You of course Monkey. Didn't you know that 'jam' tart rhymes with sweetheart :)

monkey said...

Chateau Xoggoth, ill shall look forward to that one. Im sure it will be as interesting and wacky as the owner.

monkey said...

Blacksheep the second was alot better but again i need more sugar. Some people are never happy.