Smokey and the Bandit



I watched a great fill tonight, an old favourite that reminds me of when i was a little younger for different reasons. Smokey and the Bandit was made back in 1977 before our screen were restricted by political correctness. This film when first shown had it all but if watched today on TV its dubbed and poorly cut so not to offend, basically the film has been carved up and the only real way to watch it would be to buy the DVD. It was a time when men were men and woman..... well woman were woman. Anyway the star of the film for me was not Burt Reynolds or the recently deceased Jerry Reed but Jackie Gleeson aka Sheriff Bufford T Justice. This guy has to be the king on the one liners.


My favourite from the original film was this;


Bufford T Justice; There is no way that you came from my loins, son when we get home the first thing I'm gonna do is smack your momma in the mouth!


Check out tthis vid its worth a watch for some of his best bits.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't remember anything especially un-PC in that one but it was a long time ago. I do remember an episode of The Goodies where the "nignogs" were taking over the UK.

Anonymous said...

Burt Reynolds is the man. I have him as the voice on my GPS that I got from Navtones.com. He often helps me escape from tricky situations now!

monkey said...

sheriff buffard t justice of Texas boy