Get the sen a trade lad!


Its been rather a fast week all in all. I have applied for two jobs, one of which i kind of really would like the other is more of a temporary thing. Although i did find out that a friend of mine will be going for the same job which as caused some mixed feeling and anxiety about whether or not ill get a call back. Anyway its a waiting game and I'm quite patient.

This week iv been mostly been turning my hand to all things, Art, Textile Design and Product Design to name but a few, but one of the high lights of my week was getting to do some metal work. Its been a long time since iv had an opportunity to use my skills and i was surprised how much i still have them, which reminds me of something my Grandad use to say. "Get the sen a trade lad, to fall back on when times are grim". And he was right because despite the degree it may well be the Engineering trade that will secure my next post.

Good ode Aub, always looking over me.

4 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Was his name Aubrey? I love that name for a boy :)

monkey said...

Tis mine also, a great name and an even better man.

Anonymous said...

I did an evening class in metalwork once, I ground down a bit of metal on a lathe to attach to another bit of metal. I forget why now but I am sure it must have been typically brilliant.

monkey said...

Xoggoth you have skills but you dont realy grind metal on a lathe however ill let you off as you show promise.