Marvelous Marvel



Earlier in the year i posted that i was starting to collect Bronze age comics, Battlestar Galactica was me chosen tittle as i had just finished watching the current TV series.
This was filling a gap why i waited for the final series to finish so i could download and watch it in one (im a geek i know), so i started to search the Internet for the 23 editions of the marvel comic book.
Today i took the final delivery for my collection and i now have a complete series which i have to say, im very proud of. Im currently reading through the comics which considering that these were written just before i was born are in great shape and very funny, from the comics you can honestly see how things have changed.

So what now? Do they get shut away? .... Well yes, when i finish reading them i will display the spare first edition i have and carefully pack them away and like a fine wine watch them mature and gain value.

And now to the dismay of Ten bellies iv started to look for the Star Wars Marvel comics, after watching the 1 to 6 in the past 3 days i can feel the force pulling me towards them.

4 comments:

Rastaman said...

Thanks for visiting NewsBleat. I collect things too, and being an older type critter, I have a nice collection of Hippie posters and doodads from the late '60s, Philmore posters (Janice Joplin, Grateful Dead) and blacklight posters and so forth.

I finally plugged the last coin into my Indian Head cent collection book last week.

I have a nice little collection of early Daisy air rifles, still working, with a fine 1951 example along with the very first Daisy Handbook, complete with Flash Gordon cartoons.

And a few comic books, some Donald Duck ones from the 1940's, to round it off.

Happy collecting, and vote for McCain. God, wouldn't it be great if Obama had AIDS?

Black Sheep, alias Rastaman

Troy said...

I'm afraid to think of the treasures I trashed when I see that Star Wars comic.

monkey said...

i use to have all the A Team figures and trucks, i was gutted when my mother throw them out.
But the worst thing she did was sell my Millennium Falcon in a Jumble sale, gutted!!

Thud said...

Before they go into the vault...I get to read them!